Regular-season record: 20-1
Provincial tournament: Gold medallists
National tournament: Bronze medallists
Key returning players:
- Brody Greig (4th year)
- Jitt Lohcham (4th year)
- Elliot Mason (4th year)
- Glen Ruby (4rd year)
- Garrett Ling-Lee (4th year)
- Daniel Hobden (4th year)
- Matt Madewan (4th year)
- Martin Appiah (2nd year)
- Manpreet Parmar (2nd year)
- Max Neumann (1st year –University of Alberta red shirt in ’12-’13)
- Daniel Kim (2nd year – Douglas College)
- Jesse Jeffers (Trinity Western University)
- Randjodh Hare
- Devin McMurtry (University of Northern British Columbia)
- Jeff Chu (University of Northern British Columbia)
- Jamie Madewan (R.C. Palmer Secondary)
- Jesse Mushiana (Winston Churchill Secondary)
- Devante Williams (Northview Heights – Toronto)
- Nick Jhauj (Red shirt – Enver Creek Secondary)
There’s been an emerging theme so far in the PacWest; forget the past, and this is a whole new season.
No such words of wisdom are more true for the Langara Falcons – who look to put their nearly-flawless season in the rearview as they gear up for another run at the provincial and national titles.
In 2012-13, the Falcons lost just one regular season matchup – a 102-100 loss to CBC that ended with Bearcats guard Kevin Ford banking in a three with just 1.8 seconds left in regulation. Before that CBC game, Langara began the season with 12-straight wins, and rattled off another 11 victories thereafter – a streak that stretched from January 25 to March 14, included a PacWest provincial title, as well as an opening-round win at nationals.
But then the wheels fell off an almost-perfect crafted vehicle, as PEI’s Holland College upset the surging Falcons in the national semifinals. Not quite ready to throw away everything they had worked towards, Langara battled back the next day, beating Red Deer and Sheridan to claim bronze.
Continue reading at North Pole Hoops.